About The Client:
“The Canadian National Exhibition, also known as The Ex, is an annual event beginning in August that takes place at Exhibition Place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada during the 18 days leading up to and including Canadian Labour Day Monday.”
- Managed calendar of daily events, including up to 50 or more events each day, broken into categories, and displayed on monthly or daily calendar views.
- CMS designed around custom content parameters, content broken down by primary and secondary categories and displayed on appropriate pages.
- Simple banner management function to allow up-front direction of key messages.
- Dynamic map of CNE grounds with managed details about various exhibition locations.
- Multiple managed submissions forms built into the CMS to allow easy extraction of data in XLS or TEXT format for analysis or response. Handled over 5,000 job applications each year, as well as media accreditation, Rising Star, and other submission forms.
- Custom CMS component to track all admin interactions to notify key people of recent updates to the site.
- At its peak during the 18 day event, the web site handled over 4,000,000 hits/day and more than 250,000 page requests.